Monday, March 11, 2013

Announcing...

 photo IMG_2698_zpsfe4a536b.jpgWell, if you couldn't tell from the rest of our blog- were pregnant! :)

Obviously Adam and I have known for a while- I took a test the Monday after Thanksgiving and didn't have to wait longer than 2 seconds for it to come up positive.

Don't be offended that we haven't told you- we told no one anything. Pregnancy is scary after a miscarriage- even at 19 weeks I still get nervous at times. Plus, we had tried for SO long for this baby, it seemed impossible that it was really true. Only our families, and those who see me all the time know. (And I didn't have to tell those who see me- you can tell :)

This pregnancy has been a bit harder than Logan's which has made me more wary as well. I carry the same (though bigger) but I am on blood thinners (yay to daily injections) and have had some morning sickness and LOTS of growing pains. All fairly normal, but I am listed a bit higher risk due to my miscarriage and blood issues. Still- it could be SO much worse.

And take note that I am NOT complaining- I am more grateful than anything to be having this baby! We are SO blessed. Right now I crave anything salty and red meat (which is SUPER weird for me) have not wanted chocolate at all, and am fully out of even fat clothes- its all maternity from here on in baby! I am only now starting to get some energy back, right as my little thing has decided to make its presence known! (Aka, lots of kicking.)

We had our big ultrasound today, and unlike with Logan who I KNEW was a boy, I had no idea. I was thrilled to find out we are having a little girl! She looks perfect, wouldn't show me her face (just like her brother) and is measuring right on time. We are pretty positive we will be naming her Monica Diane- Monica cuz I love it, and Diane after my best friend Becky.

I am due August 4th and am going to attempt a VBAC. Which is even scarier on blood thinners cuz it means there is a 50% chance I will have to do it natural. I really actually didn't want to try for a VBAC at all but all my doctors have been suggesting it so were taking the plunge. Natural is scary for me because the most natural I get is using organic conditioner. There has been LOTS of research going on.

Here are the pictures from our ultrasound today- no good profiles cuz she wouldn't stop going fetal (pun intended haha) but you can see there is no doubt- in a few months I will have someone ELSES toenail to paint :)

 photo BABYMOECK_4_zpsfb453d8c.jpg photo BABYMOECK_1_zps518003bc.jpg photo BABYMOECK_10_zpse09ba85f.jpg

10 comments:

  1. You can do all natural! I decided that after my epidural experience that I'd try no meds with my second...I was SURE I'd break down, but I didn't, and it was AMAZING. It was not nearly as painful or scary as I thought...if you want details you can contact me any time, love you and congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so so happy for you Sarah! You are going to love having a little girl.
    And speaking as one who really wanted a natural birth, I highly recommend Hypnobabies. It's a self-hypnosis program, which is really just deep relaxation. It's a lot of time and preparation but my sister-in-law did an all-natural VBAC using Hypnobabies and it went really well so I feel like I really can recommend it. Anyhow. Mostly I am just thrilled for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats!!!! You will do great with the natural birth. Although I didn't have a c- section, I can still say that natural birth isn't as scary as it sounds. I had marlie without any meds and it was the most liberating feeling! your body makes its own painkillers. I'm so happy for you guys! Girls are so fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am so excited for you guys! and monica diane is such a pretty name. a little girl!!!!!!!!

    congratulations. i really cannot express how thrilled i am.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like you have a ton of support for your decision to try for a natural birth, and I can tell you I'm right there with them!! After 5 babies with inductions and epidurals and the last without, I will NEVER have one again ~ in fact, I'd rather squat in the woods than have anybody interfere at all! Such a wonderful experience. My suggestion is to read a little Ina May Gaskin, too, to prepare. I love her book "Ina May's Guide to Childbirth". Loved it! I'm so excited for you!!! Our two girls will only be a couple weeks apart!!! Yay for cousins :) Let's hope they have the opportunity to be best of friends!! Love you girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so happy for you Sarah and Adam! Congrats. What a lucky little girl to come into your family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. so so so happy for you! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats! I am so excited for you all! Logan will be a great big brother! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow, congrats! So happy for you guys that you are able to add to your little family.

    ReplyDelete