Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Celebrate

Halloween is not a beloved holiday in our home. We hate to be scared. But, I love the fall and more, I love to have something to look forward too. So I have been desperately perusing Pinterest and my own brain to find ways to look forward too and get ready for Halloween without it being scary. (We just celebrate fun costumes, candy, and warm colors in this house :)

This desire has sort of piggy backed on my desire to be a better mother :) and I have sort of made the goal that Logan and I would do an activity together every day that was fall/ Halloween themed. We have made it three days so far and I am proud :)

October 1st- I made paper candy corns and let Logan decorate them. With markers. (Don't worry they were washable, but he sure had fun with his face :) I think he LOVED that markers don't have to have any pressure to make a mark.
Photobucket

We also broke out some dollar store Halloween stickers. Also a big hit :) I hung the candy corn on my closet door. Ill have to take a finished picture because they are CUTE!
Photobucket

October 2nd- People all over pinterest always laud over "sensory play" and sensory bins. I don't know what kind of kids you have but my son is 18 months and STILL eats everything. So I decided to do a sensory play that he could eat. Spider rings in jello :)
Photobucket

He was unsure about the jello at first.
Photobucket

But he LOVES his prizes.
Photobucket

(This is just a photo of him trying to kiss me through my phone. Darling.)
Photobucket

October 3rd- we went on a nature walk. We have a parking lot at our apartment that people WHIZZ through, and hardly any nature, but sometimes a body just needs to get out.
Photobucket

We collected sticks and stuff that I am going to use to make a fall themed wreath for a door. I was surprised that we managed to entertain ourselves for almost an hour. Logan loved it.
Photobucket

These are our collected goodies :) Ill make the actual wreath another day I think.
Photobucket

Happy Early Halloween!

Also let it be known that the month of September went down as a HUGE success. I lost two pounds, learned how to french braid my own hair, and as of tonight finished yet another novel. Huzzah! (Again, if any one is bored enough to read a Camelot esque story for content let me know!)

No comments:

Post a Comment