Thursday, July 26, 2012

Our Six Week Sort of Vacation

We are back in action Jackson! Adam and I got home late Tuesday evening, and have sort of been go go go since then getting things taken care of. You know, cars, laundry, grocery shopping, mail, new school stuff, bills... never take a 6 week long vacation. (If that's what you call our separation.) 


Logan and I did loads of stuff, and I am going to try my best to detail it out here with a few pictures. Then I will do an entire other post with just a huge picture slide show because I took pictures for Adam every day which means I have LOTS. And then some more posts for videos.


Sufficeth it to say, when I don't give you details on what Adam was doing, know he was in class and learning how to put together a gun and make hard choices :) And getting super ripped.

Sunday June 10th- we left Adam at the airport. He went to San Antonio to learn how to be a Luitenent in the Army, and I went to Oregon to miss him. The airplane ride was teary eyed- the time change was teary eyed, but it was nice to be home and talk to Adam that night.
Photobucket

Monday June 11th to Wednesday June 13th- we hung out with my mom and sister and brother at the park and played lots of cards. They were GREAT on helping me not miss Adam so much. That and getting to Skype with him every night was nice.
Photobucket

Tuesday June 12th- we watched super amazing Uncle Alex do a school project on the 70's and play with part of his band at the end of it. My little brother is rocking awesome :)
Photobucket

Thursday June 14th- we drove to Utah! Logan was by far the biggest champ in the whole world.
Photobucket

Friday June 15th to Monday June 18th- we spent lots of time in Utah getting little sister 1 (Carrie) all settled in her dorm, groceries and books bought, and classes started. There were a few melt downs and a LOT of good food :) We also got to stay with little sister number two (Rebekah) and her husband Theo who bested my mom and I at any game we played. I also got to see some old wonderful England girls, my best friend from when I lived in Tennessee, Adams best friend Ryan and his perfect and amazing new wife Bryndi, and Adams Grandparents. It was busy, long, but a LOT of fun.
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday June 18th- we drove BACK to Oregon. Logan again was great except for one major blow out diaper that happened while I was driving over the dead mans pass in Oregon (it is literally named that) and my mom was in the backseat. We lost two army men and a car in the fray :)
Photobucket

Wednesday June 19th- we finally got to hang out with best friend Becky and Henry and had GREAT naked pool time :) We got to skype with Adam while at Beckys so he got to see Henry and Becky too which was fun for all.
Photobucket

Thursday June 20th- we went to the River with Grandma! It was one of the rare warm June days in Oregon and was fully taken advantage of.
Photobucket

Friday June 21st to June Friday June 28th- we spent the cool days inside playing and watching Disney movies. We did a LOT of thrift store shopping (with much success I might add. I never realized in West Virginia how MUCH I miss thrifting!) Uncle Alex taught Logan to play drums, we washed Grandmas car, we went to the river with Uncle Alex... and Sarah did a crap ton of writing. (to fill the lonely Adam-less evening hours. Summer was hard.)
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Saturday June 29th- Sarah went on a date night with Becky :) We went to Red Robin and Old Navy and went and saw Hunger Games at the cheapie theater and ate A LOT. It was awesome.
Photobucket

Sunday June 30th to Wednesday July 3rd- we didn't go to church on Sunday because Logan had gotten hand foot and mouth disease from playing in the nursery while I subbed the PREVIOUS week :( He got over it fast though. So we spent a lot of time in.
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday July 4th- fourth of July! We had a cute family over for a big barbecue, and then Logan and I went to Becky and Henry's for fireworks and play time. Logan loved popits, wasn't sure about sparklers, and hated the rest of fireworks. BUT, he does love cousin Henry's toys :)
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday July 5th to Sunday July 8th- my older brother Charlie was in town with his little girls. We went to the park and played in the pool and ate Popsicles- it was a whole lot of fun. Logan LOVED having people at home more than me to play with (he was getting pretty tired of me at this point. Pretty sure this was when he started liking my mom more than me. And my brother Alex for that matter. They became best friends pretty darn fast.) My dad and Alex went to Yellowstone on a Boy-scout trip on Friday, so we were looking forward too a week of just Logan my mom and I.
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Adam also went camping on Sunday. His last two weeks of officer training were going to be "survival training" (aka an easier form of boy scout camping.) But it was heralding in a week of no skype and very little phone talking. (aka week of suck.)
Photobucket

Monday July 9th to Tuesday July 10th- more pool time and Henry time :) (yay sun!) we finally got to talk to Adam on Tuesday- I almost cried. Not gonna lie- it was rough for him. So far officer training had been busy enough during the week, and only boring on the weekends. But camping was HARD. (Mostly because of the heat and the rain and the bugs, and not talking to us...) It was harder for Adam to see the silver lining but for me it was just- TWO MORE WEEKS! Not that Oregon hasn't been great, but Adam being gone is the worst thing ever. I would like to say I was missing Adam the most but Logan might have been more... he just cant talk so I don't know :)
Photobucket

Wednesday July 11th- we went to the Portland Zoo with Best Friends Becky and Henry. It was a whole lot of fun. And then we finally made it to TCBY for waffle cone Wednesday and Grandma spoiled Logan by buying him his own banana cone. 
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday July 12th- we went and met up with some old friends Nikki and her daughter, and Meredith and her two kids. I have no idea how I got through it without pictures...
Photobucket

Friday July 13th- Adam got to come home from camping for the weekend- he went back out the following Monday but we still got to talk to him- face to face on skype for three days straight which was super amazing for me. I missed his darling face.
Photobucket

Saturday July 14th- we did a yard sale to clean out the garage. It was my main act of service while I was at home :)
Photobucket

Sunday July 15th- We went to church! Auntie Becky and her family came with us.
Photobucket

Monday July 16th- we took Uncle Alex up to Hillsboro for a stay at home EFY, and then that night Logan and I went to Auntie Becky's to have dinner with her, Uncle Trent and Cousin Henry. Becky is the best photographer in the world and took a huge photo shoot for us. (Pictures to all be posted on a separate post.)
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday July 17th to Friday July 20th- we did a combination of fabric shopping, thrift store shopping, laundry, packing, playing with Henry, visiting the gym, Disney movie watching, out to eating, card playing and nothing else incredibly exciting but nice and relaxing.
Photobucket

Saturday July 21st to Monday July 23nd- Logan came down with a double ear infection. Worst thing ever. And since none of the urgent cares in Oregon will take State Health Plans we had to go all the way to the emergency room and wait for two hours to get a prescription for an antibiotic. Needless to say, Logan and I did NOT go to church, and we spent the rest of our time in Oregon holed up on front of the TV downstairs.
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday July 24th- we flew home! We were at the Portland airport at 7:30 am, Logan SCREAMED through the entire first 3 and a half hour flight. Then he refused to sleep during our four hour layover, but slept through the next hour flight. We met Adam at his gate and we were all so happy tears were impossible :) Logan slept on the way home, and we were in our stuffy apartment door by midnight.
Photobucket

Needless to say, Logan's still a little under the weather, and there are still bags in my hallway and we STILL hate West Virginia. BUT- we love our car, we love our comfy bed, and we LOVE being back together. Best thing ever.

Photobucket
However, I have told Adam that we are never traveling again unless we are together and all our children are over the age of five. Or we have to move.

2 comments:

  1. I am sorry to hear that you hate WV. It is hard when you hate where you live. I wish we were a little bit closer so visiting was easier. You helped make TN a great place for me. I still get homesick for TN sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say I'm jealous you got to skype Adam during his training! We were not so lucky. I got a 5 minute phone call a week (MAYBE) But now skype is my best friend when we're apart. I'm SO grateful for it. Let us know when you guys get your assignment! I hope you get lucky like we did, I love living here..man, I really should call you... :)

    ReplyDelete