Friday, March 2, 2012

Dancing

I have been trying as HARD as I can to loose the ten pounds I gained during pregnancy #2, Christmas, and then the post miscarriage chocolate depression :) (Hey- it helped!) And one of the ways is by moving my BUTT off. We're talking like- 2000 calories a day of exercise. (Thank heavens for my bike right?)

One of things that ALSO helps is that Logan LOVES music so I try to have it on all the time. When Adam is home, we listen to classical during study time and rock during fun time.

When Adam is not home we listen to country during writing time and POP during everything else :) And I cant listen to pop without dancing so Logan and I have had a few dance parties in our home.

To encourage myself to move more I decided to make a cute subway sign like the ones you see every where for my living room. I made a list of my favorite quotes about dancing (that I found on the internet) and then chose one for my wall.

Here were my favs:
 
Stifling an urge to dance is bad for your health - it rusts your spirit and your hips.  ~Terri Guillemets

Socrates learned to dance when he was seventy because he felt that an essential part of himself had been neglected.  ~Source Unknown

Anyone who says sunshine brings happiness has never danced in the rain.  ~Author Unknown

To watch us dance is to hear our hearts speak.  ~Hopi Indian Saying

I see dance being used as communication between body and soul, to express what it too deep to find for words.  ~Ruth St. Denis

Talk about dance?  Dance is not something to talk about.  Dance is to dance.  ~Peter Saint James

There is a bit of insanity in dancing that does everybody a great deal of good.  ~Edwin Denby

I would believe only in a God that knows how to dance.  ~Friedrich Nietzsche

We're fools whether we dance or not, so we might as well dance.  ~Japanese Proverb

Dancing faces you towards Heaven, whichever direction you turn.  ~Terri Guillemets

Dancing in all its forms cannot be excluded from the curriculum of all noble education; dancing with the feet, with ideas, with words, and, need I add that one must also be able to dance with the pen?  ~Friedrich Nietzsche

And this little gem is the one that one the place of honor:
 
There are short-cuts to happiness, and dancing is one of them.  ~Vicki Baum

So turn on a little Black Eyed Peas or Cobra Starship and have some fun today :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment