Saturday, October 29, 2011

DC!

Washington DC is about 3 and a half hours from us, which makes it kind of a hard p-lace to visit. Too long for a day trip- but you feel guilty getting a hotel room and staying over night...

However, on October 22 there was a stake wide temple trip for JUST the women. Pretty cool. So Adam, being amazing, took care of Logan for the entire day so I could go.
My friends Katie, Summer and Kristin picked me up at 6:20am. We got to the temple around 9:30, had a chapel session at 10, went for a temple session at 10:30. It was SO wonderful. I haven't been to the temple since we left Utah. (The one closest to Tennessee doesn't rent clothes so while I was pregnant I couldn't go.) And it was so much fun to be there with all of these women I have come to know and love!
The DC temple is beautiful. But- nothing will compare to Manti. I'm sorry- but that is my favorite I think.

After the temple we took the half hour detour- we had too! It was only a HALF HOUR- to...

CAFE RIO!!!!
We were freaking excited if you can't tell :)

Then we also discovered that there was a a Ritas ice cream place so we went there as well. For those of you who have not had Ritas... you are MISSING OUT. So amazing.
We were back on the road around 2:30, and I walked in the door after five. A long day, and not one I would want to do often, but so worth it. (And even better cuz I didn't have to drive! Katie- you are a STAR!)
(This is Adams I miss you face. He texted it to me when we were on our way home :)

1 comment:

  1. So glad you could get out to DC! The town is awesome! We are heading down there the week before Thanksgiving and I am so excited! I am glad things are going well! I hope we'll be able to figure out a way to meet up sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete