Monday, April 4, 2011

Who We Are Connected To

Logan and I were having a conversation the other night. (Or I was- and he listened VERY well :) and we were discussing all the things he could grow up to be and do. It was an important conversation because I was trying to explain to him that while his dad and I may not have every skill in the world, it is okay for Logan to love something that we don't, or to be good at something we may not love. Like sports. And no matter what he does- we will support him.

But even more than that, I was explaining that if he wants to become the next Michael Jordan, even though Adam and I aren't particularly skilled at that sport, we know someone, or could find someone who was, and who DID love that sport, to give Logan the help or excitement he needed. (Whatever our parental support couldn't dish out.)

It was really fun because I started going through the jobs, and skills, and schooling of Adam and I and our family members and our very close friends, and I realized, we have been SO richly blessed with such a talented and enriched society to be a part of! We really have most of the bases quite covered. And I thought, man, this would make a fun post- to list the people in our lives by their talents and interests. (Not meaning that they are professional or anything in everything I list- but meaning that if they aren't, that their interest in the subject would be so much that they could give Logan knowledge and excitement and support that Adam and I may not be able to offer.)

So I am going to do just that :) To give a taste of the real support Logan could get no matter what he chooses to do or who to be. And to show we how lucky we are to have all these wonderful people close to us and associated with us.

Doctor (We have LOTS of these in our life :)
Writer (And lots of these...)
Reader
Photographer
Accountant
Financial Planner
Engineer
Teacher
Illustrator
Musician
Entrepreneur
Interior Decorator
Runner
Dancer
Woodsman/ Outdoorsman
Mary Kay Consultant
Fitness Instructor
Naval Submarine Nuclear Physicist
Chemist
Concept Artist
Mechanic
Paramedic
Swimmer
Make-up Artist
Computer Designer
Construction Manager
Activities Planner/ Coordinator
Seamstress
Professor
Journalist
Nurse
Nanny
Basketball Player
Gamer (and yeah- professionally. What a COOL job right?)
Firefighter
Dentist
Soldier
Animator
Politician
Secretary
Hairstylist
CNA
Child Care Provider/ Preschool Worker
Investor
Golfer
Molecular Biologist
Restaurant Owner/ BandB Owner
Farmer
Welder
Florist/ Occasion Flowers
Principal
Contractor
Crafter

No comments:

Post a Comment