Tuesday, March 29, 2011

My Community

Its true. I love the show Community. In fact, I love it so much it may even be edging out classic show like Seinfeld and Friends. Scratch that- it HAS edged out Seinfeld. Friends... I think they are tied. Truly. This show is awesome.

However, this post isn't really about the show, just about something I feel in my own life, that the show actually does a fabulous job representing. The Christmas episode for 2010, while actually not being my favorite, talks about the meaning of Christmas and one of the characters states that while in the past Christmas to him meant spending time with his mom. But now that his mom had remarried and has a new family, Christmas means spending time with his friends, the study group, the community.

I love this, and have ALWAYS been a lover of the concept that family can be found and truly does exist everywhere. I think I learned this when I moved out as a freshman in college and landed in the best dorm ward that has ever existed. The people I met there have been and continue to be my family- my brothers and sisters. (In fact, but don't tell him, one of my "boys" is married and his wife and I are blog buddies and she may be edging him out in my heart if that is possible :)

I have been lucky enough to have found friends, family, and community wherever I live. And one thing I was thinking about while I was eating breakfast today, is how grateful I am for my BLOG community.

Its funny how I can think of family as just a bunch of digital people writing things and sharing pictures. Some of these people I have never met. But by reading your blogs, seeing you comment on mine, seeing your pictures, listening to your opinions, hearing your stories... I feel like, to say it in a corny way... we are really a part of each other.

Blogging really DOES make its own community. It had brought me back in touch with and closer to people that would have never happened before. It gives me a medium to REALLY show who I am, and to hear what you are. It really makes me so happy to sit here in the morning and just write down my most random of thoughts and ideas, share my dumbest of pictures, and yet to see you writing about them yourselves, thinking about them, and caring about them.

I love blogging! I really do. I love reading everyone else's blogs. Even all of your most random of thoughts and ideas. Sometimes- those are really my favorite. I thinking blogging is one of the best things to have ever happened to my world.

And thank you for being a part of it. I know you don't read every post and that's okay. I write this for me- but knowing it means something to you as well is just the best thing ever. Thank you for being a part of my world, a part of my community, and yes- a part of my family. And thanks for letting me be a part of yours :)

3 comments:

  1. Beautifully put! I feel that way too! Contests on your precious addition btw, he is adorable! And ps community is my favorite show on tv! Llllove it! Seinfeld will always be close to my heart tho;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats I mean haha stupid iPhone not letting me misspell ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Logan is so sweet! I'm glad everything went well. I was telling Silas yesterday that I wish you guys were closer, I want to hang out with you! You guys share a lot of the same opinions as us (the R-rated movie thing, legalizing marijuana, etc....haha). Anyway. I just wanted to tell you that I think you are awesome and I love reading your posts.

    Aaaaaaand I'm excited for the serial novel! But no pressure. :) I hope things are going smoothly with the babe, and I know you have other friends with kids (and I guess you don't really know me that well, even though I feel like I know you haha) but if you ever need to talk, I'm here.

    ReplyDelete