Monday, February 7, 2011

Musical Inspiration

For the first time in months, I have busted out my computer and spent an entire morning sitting in my writing chair and have actually WROTE. And not just blogging or journaling, but actual WRITING. There we go.

I have been blaming my lack thereof on pregnancy and pregnancy brain and the fact that every time I sit at the computer my brain seems in some sort of haze and I can't even get anything good on paper. I need to do laundry and clean, and sew and do a million other things on my to do list for the day but you better BELIEVE they are all getting put to the way side for a little literature bliss.

One thing that I think is funny about myself is that i CANNOT write without music. And maybe that's what helped today, is that while I was in shower I played my "writing" playlist instead of my "driving/dancing" playlist like usual. Maybe it put me in the mood. Either way, I have been listening to amazing moving song after amazing moving song and I thought, hey, how fun would it be to post the playlist that I listen to OVER AND OVER when I write?

So I am going too :) Enjoy. (Ps- I am ALWAYS willing to add more if you have something really good to suggest :)

1. Forever For Tonight Blessed Union of Souls
2. Breathe Michelle Branch
3. Ironic Alanis Morissette
4. Strawberry Wine Deana Carter
5. Breathe In Frou Frou
6. Santa Monica Savage Garden
7. Never Saw Blue Like That Shawn Colvin Runaway Bride Soundtrack
8. Austin Blake Shelton
9. Why Secondhand Serenade
10. Tiny Dancer Elton John
11. You're Beautiful James Blunt
12. Beauty In The Breakdown Frou Frou
13. Stupid Boy Keith Urban
14. Fall For You Secondhand Serenade
15. Seasons of Love Rent
16. Im Moving On Rascal Flatts
17. A Twist In My Story Secondhand Serenade
18. Bring Him Home Les Miserables
19. Carry On Dancing Savage Garden
20. Blue Eyes Cary Brothers
21. Skin Rascal Flatts
22. I'm Yours Jason Maraz
23. A Love That Will Last Renee Olstead
24. Samson Regina Spektor
25. I Believe Blessid Union of Souls
26. Claire de Lune Chopin
27. It's Not Over Secondhand Serenade
28. Like A Knife Secondhand Serenade
29. The Way We Were Barbara Streisand
30. Love story piano Beethoven
31. My Heart Will Go On Celine Dion
32. I Just Don't Think I'll Ever Get Over You Colin Hay
33. Hello Again Neil Diamond
34. I Would Give Everything I Own Bread
35. Vulnerable Secondhand Serenade
36. Love remains the same Gavin Rossdale
37. Beautiful World Colin Hay
38. Last to Know Three Days Grace
39. Bittersweet Sara Bareilles
40. Realize Colbie Caillat
41. Shot of Whiskey Wedding Night Mix
42. You Dont Bring Me Flowers Neil Diamond
43. Life for Rent Dido
44. Battle Colbie Caillat
45. Light in Your Eyes Blessid Union of Souls
46. I Hope You Dance Lee Ann Womack
47. Take Me With You Secondhand Serenade
48. And The Angels Cried Alison Krauss
49. The Way He Makes Me Feel barbara Streisand
50. Stay Close, Don't Go Secondhand Serenade
51. Complicated Carolyn Dawn Johnson
52. Way Back Into Love Hugh Grant
53. Your Song Ewan McGregor & Alessandro Safina
54. Let Go Frou Frou
55. Desperato Eagles
56. I Do It For You Brian Adams
57. Overkill Colin Hay
58. Tell Her This Del Amitri
59. Let It Roll Secondhand Serenade
60. Big Brass Bed Josh Gracin
61. Candle in the Wind Elton John
62. I'll Melt with You Bowling For Soup
63. I Want Us Back Craig Morgan
64. Half Alive Secondhand Serenade
65. Come Away with Me Norah Jones
66. Goodbye Secondhand Serenade
67. Love Me Tender Norah Jones and Adam Levy
68. Aubrey Bread
69. Broken Secondhand Serenade
70. Fidelity Regina Spektor
71. Empty Apartment Yellowcard
72. People Barbara Streisand
73. I Melt Rascal Flatts Melt
74. Absolutely (Story Of A Girl) Nine Days
75. Love Robin Hood Disney
76. Chained To You Savage Garden
77. Maybe Secondhand Serenade
78. Never Too Late Three Days Grace
79. Come What May Nicole Kidman & Ewan McGregor
80. Seasons of Love Rent
81. The Lover After Me Savage Garden
82. Let It Roll Secondhand Serenade
83. Holy Water Big & Rich
84. Hey There Delilah Plain White T's
85. On My Own Les Miserables
86. Diary Bread
87. Nothing Better The Postal Service
88. Yesterday The Beatles
89. Breathless (Dance Remix) The Corrs
90. September Morn Neil Diamond
91. I Melt With You Jason Mraz
92. Your Call Secondhand Serenade
93. Tattoo Jordin Sparks
94. Elephant Love Medley Nicole Kidman, Ewan McGregor
95. Unwritten Vanessa Carlton
96. I'll Be Goo Goo Dolls
97. Lost In You Three Days Grace
98. Hollywood's Not America Ferras
99. Best Day of My Life Dido
100. tested and true Secondhand Serenade
101. Angelene Jo Dee Messina
102. Awake Secondhand Serenade
103. Come On Get Higher Matt Nathanson

No comments:

Post a Comment