Thursday, December 9, 2010

Not Exactly Raking...

Tennessee has wonderful things to offer in the fall. The greatest of which is that it seems to be a combination of Utah and Oregon. It is MUCH wetter than Utah, so I don't get dry face and bloody noses.

However, Tennessee is MUCH dryer than Oregon. Meaning I get the crunchy leaves I love rather than soggy... oatmeal like leaves.

What cracks me up about this fact is that people in Tennessee do something with leaves I have never seen. They blow them, with a blower, instead of raking them up. No more hours of back breaking work. (Okay, it is a lot of work, but it is much easier than raking Oregon slog, lets face it.)
Since moving here the leaf blowing has been Adams job and one day when I was leaving for work he was blowing the leaves to the street for the... natural garbage man? And the leaf piles were SO HIGH it really just made me laugh. So I snapped a few pictures for you viewing pleasure. :)

Enjoy! (It was very fun trying to drive out of that.)

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad I'm not the only one who finds it funny that they blow their leaves instead of raking. My favorite is when I saw a guy rake them onto a tarp and then drag the tarp to the curb and dump the leaves off for them to be picked up.

    ReplyDelete