Monday, December 20, 2010

Day 2: A good memory

I have LOADS of good memories, covering every gambit of emotion, but there is one that I have been thinking a lot about lately, and it is NOT sappy, and it is also VERY funny so I thought it would be a good one to share.

Adam and I had known each other for so long before we got married that there really were NO surprises. The only one that I can think of on a grand scale is that I had NO idea that Adam talked in his sleep. And he does. A LOT. You think one of his mission buddies would have told me this... but maybe they never noticed seeing as they never shared a bed.

The other night I got up to go to the bathroom and when I came back to bed Adam turns to me and says, "Did you get him?"

(Me) "What?"

"Did you get him?"

"Sweetheart... your sleeping."

Adam makes a noise of HUGE impatience. "I'm not sleeping, YOU are."

:) Yeah. His waking me up by talking has never actually bugged me like I am sure it would most wives. I think it would more if he wasn't so RIDICULOUS hilarious in his sleep. And adorable.

So the memory.

About a year after we had been married, its the middle of the night and I wake-up to Adam FURIOUSLY slapping at my thighs. This is not a gentle pat. Adam is using all of his strength to really pound his hands on my legs. So I wake him up because well.... it hurt. And when he is cognizant enough to realize where he is I go. "WHY are you hitting me?!"

Adam pauses then says, "Well... you were covered in spiders. I was getting them off of you. I was saving you."

Love my adorable husband and his hilarious dreams. And I am so glad that despite the fact that he HATES spiders, that even in his sleep he would try to save me from them.

2 comments:

  1. That is hilarious! I love it! Jesse talks in his sleep too, one night I woke up to him swinging his arms in the air like he was fighting, and when I woke him up he said he was fighting a squirrel.

    ReplyDelete