Thursday, December 16, 2010

99 and Counting Down

I have 99 days left of Pregnancy.

I am sure you veterans are thinking- oh just wait- there is so much more to come.

I am sure there is because my belly has still yet to exceed the expanse of my chest. (Which my mothers and sisters think is HILARIOUS. My sister got the biggest kick out of me having to special order a bra because not only do people not carry a 36F, they do not MAKE it.)

But still. I remember when Adam hit the 99 days left mark. It feels more momentous than the 100 days because you are REALLY counting down. It was like hitting the day after hump day (the exact middle of Adam's mission) all over again.

99 days? They are going to go so fast. I know it. Because the rest of my pregnancy has gone so fast.

I am so excited to be done. I am so excited to meet my little man. I am so excited to fit in skinny jeans. I am so excited to go out and get all the baby things we still need. I am so excited to stay at home. I am so excited to play with him. I am so excited to give him a bath. I am so exited to watch Adam talk to him like he is 25 years old, and not 25 minutes old.

I am so nervous about the expense. I am so nervous that I am going to trip and fall with him in my arms. I am so nervous that sometimes I will hate him for crying so much. I am so nervous I will mess him up, not know how to handle him, or just over all be a horrible terrible mom.

Ah, the juxtaposition of life. I am sure it never ends. Either way- its a happy, nervous countdown.

I told my mom the day I went to pick Adam up from the airport and see him for the first time since he left for his mission that I was so nervous, and so excited that I was sure I was going to throw-up all over his shoes. (I didn't by the way. Though I didn't really say much either. Adam says to this day he is surprised he didn't kiss me right there in baggage claim.)

I am so excited and so nervous to meet Logan that I can PROMISE you, that even if I don't throw up, I will do something equally gross and hilarious :) (Like pooing on a doctors table perhaps? :) And I can promise you as well that BOTH Adam and I will kiss him right there in the hospital room.

1 comment:

  1. I love this. It's everything that I felt, too! It will work out so so well for you. It's the most wonderful thing to be a mom.

    Oh, and I pooped on the doctor's table before they cut my guts open. :) It happens!

    ReplyDelete