Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Thanksgiving with Sarah and Adam

I have always loved Thanksgiving, but it has become even more important to me since I went to college. My first Thanksgiving away from home should have been the worst holiday ever and instead I found myself at Adams brothers best friends house, eating Thanksgiving with Adam, every one of his siblings, and his new brother-in-laws entire family.

Except for when Adam was on his mission we have spent every Thanksgiving together, and I am always most thankful for him :)

This year, Adams parents went to Florida to celebrate the holiday with Adams sister and her family. Adam and I could definitely not go, seeing as we both work retail and crazy people actually go out on Black Friday. So, we stayed here in Tennessee and celebrated our own happy Thanksgiving like we have for years.

On the Monday before our friends from Utah Alison, Jared, and their daughter Madison were traveling to New York so they came and stayed a night with us. We made fajitas, talked until late in the night, then slept in and had cinnamon rolls. It was SO much fun to see them!

Then on Thursday I got so excited for the parade
I woke-up almost an hour before it even starts :) I make Rhodes Cinnamon rolls and hot coco, then sit on the couch wrapped up in blankets and watch the parade. I LOVE it. Adam will usually stumble downstairs around ten to eat and cuddle with me, then when he realizes what I am actually watching he wandered back upstairs muttering something about rather wishing he was watching football :)

The moment the parade was over, I went upstairs for a hot shower and then Adam and I watched our new show Community. (Thank you Alison and Jared- we LOVE IT!) Then around three I made dinner. I cheated big time- the whole meal took me MAYBE an hour. We had turkey cutlets- herb seasoned. Fake mashed potatoes (Adam likes it better that way), boxed stuffing, canned corn, rhodes rolls, homemade cranberry and apricot sauce, Martinellies, then a boxed pumpkin pie and homemade peach cobbler.

I don't care that it was half fake and half way too easy to make. It was delicious!!

Then we spent the night watching Community, and we went to bed CRAZY early cause Adam had to be at work at 4:30 on Friday. Either way- we had SO much fun! And I am sorry I didn't get pictures of the meal. My camera was upstairs and I was WAY to lazy to go and fetch it :)

Hope your Thanksgiving was just as fun and relaxing as our was!





No comments:

Post a Comment