I don't know if its hormones, situation, or just me, but I am making a new goal (I think I did this before, but I am being much more ernest about it now I promise:) to not just be positive, but to better my mood. I am writing it here because like my weight loss, I want to make myself accountable. I have done this in the past, and I have an amazing little sister who is doing it right now too so I have lots of things to base my goals off of.
So here are the ones I have now:
1. Put myself on a schedule. I realized how important this was when I was dieting, and everything I read talks about how important it is when you are a mom so- I'm going to start now and get in the habit. I am giving myself a wake-up time, and a bed time.
2. Plan food. Also a good thing to do when dieting and pregnant, and as funny as it sounds, I HATE going into the kitchen and trying to scrounge something up for breakfast or to take to work for lunch. Plus, when I have a plan i eat healthier and I feel better.
3. Read my scriptures in the morning. This comes from my amazing little sister Rebekah. I read before I go to bed but, I usually work a late shift so i have plenty of time to read in the morning too. And I know who I am, and I pay attention and study better in the morning. Plus, I remember doing this in high school and reading in the morning for me personally, really helped set my day right.
4. Get ready. I am tired, and lazy, and pregnant. I NEVER get ready anymore. Which is probably adding to the "i always feel ugly" feeling. Now- I do NOT want to shower and shave and put on make-up everyday. But I remember how good I felt on my anniversary when I did all that. Its hard being cute when you feel huge (and may I add when something is moving inside of you. Weirdest feeling ever) and so I need to do all I can to feel good. (And I'm sure Adam would appreciate the gesture as well :)
5. Do something for me. I really have been wasting away my mornings doing nothing. And I KNOW on the days when I sit up and craft all morning i feel so much better. Maybe because I am being productive- but also because it is something i love. I cant run or do kickboxing anymore, but I can go on long walks, I can craft, i can read.
6. Write. Yeah- usually whenever I am out of sorts this is what everyone tells me to do and they are right. I need to write. Its like eating for me. I am upset without it, even if I don't want to do it. So hey- that might mean more blogging about totally random things :) Be ready. Even if its not a story- I need to journal write. I need to vent. I need to just put words on paper that way they are not swirling inside of me all day :)
Those are my goals so far. I was up at 8:30 this morning, I made blueberry muffins for breakfast, I read my scriptures while I ate, I am writing right now :) and after this i plan on cuddling Adam for a half hour and then going to take a shower.
If you guys have any good advice as to what gets you out of a slump- let me know! I love to try new things, and I know being happy may be hard when I am on no sleep in a few months, so whatever happy habits I can get into now I want to.