Sunday, August 15, 2010

Weeklys

So, I have discovered that blogger will let me upload one picture per post. I know. Totally weird. But I am NOT a huge fan of the idea of making/ doing 20 posts just to post some pictures. SO- when I do have something to say I will just post a picture with it. No matter how random the picture may be. This is Adam and I when we went on a hike with some friends of ours when we first got into TN. We hiked to this place Laurel Falls. I was hilarious because I figured- its a hike right? I packed lunches, water, my notebook, camera, first aid kit- I was ready to hike across the Moors in Great Britain all over again. (Lie- I am not sure unless I had all 20 of my england girls with me that I could ever do that hike again.) The hike was 30 minutes and easy as pie. Everyone got a good laugh at me :) At least I was prepared unless something really did go wrong right?

This week has been great. Adams sister Amber and her husband Carson and kids Grayson and Cambree came for a visit. We have been eating out and swimming and watching movies like nobody business. I locked my keys in my car on Thursday so was able to get the day off work- fun, and I had a half day on Friday so we were able to do lots with them. They don't leave until this coming Wednesday so we have more to look forward too as well.

Adam found out on Friday that he did not get into the med school in this area like we were hoping. But- he continually amazes me at what a rock he is. He allowed himself to be upset, to cool down, and then stuck to his guns and applied to eight more medical schools. If we didn't get into ETSU it just means that though we were meant to be in Johnson City for this year- the Lord wants us somewhere else for the four years to come. I can't remember where all eight schools are but these are the ones I do: Florida, Memphis TN, Denver Colorado, Michigan, West Virginia, Washington DC... Oklahoma? Maybe it was Massachusetts.... Anyways. I'm sure one of them will prove to be the way to go! He is also gearing up to take the GRE and see about some med school programs we have been looking into.

LIfe otherwise has been all the normal. I am raging through another novel idea- raging meaning I cant stand to be away from my computer :) These moods usually last for a few weeks then I will get stuck and separate myself for a month before I have- and this is not a joke- a telling dream where the hard to write scene/ plot unfolds itself. Adam is considering whether to like the new Linkin Park CD or not (Doesn't matter he does or not- a new CD means a new tour and you BET we will see them in concert again!)

We are both still working hard- playing hard, and looking forward to some fall weather. Spoken like a true Oregonian and Jo Dee Mecina fan I say- bring on the rain!

No comments:

Post a Comment