Friday, January 29, 2010

Review

Yesterday I came home from work all ready to eat some lunch and hit the streets. (For a run of course.) As I am coming down the stairs to my apartment I see a brown box sticking out of my mailbox.

Oh yes. The work-out DVD's have come. (yay!)

So, yesterday I tried Jari Loves Get Ripped 1000. In place of the run.

AWESOME.

It is a GREAT little over an hour long work out. She has a wonderful warm-up (a lot of videos skimp in this area so this was a big #1 thing for me) and then does three minutes cardio, two minutes weights for... 45? 50 minutes? Then there are abs and a cool-down.

The best part of the workout is that she had three different levels all easily shown at the same time. So even if you can work high intensity on one, doesn't mean you have too for all of them. And you know how some work-out videos make you feel that if you are NOT working high intensity you are not working hard enough? Jari doesn't. Sometimes she herself has to go down to a lower level and her background helpers finish off the high.

My second favorite thing is there is a timer. For every few minute segment, when it gets down to the last 30 seconds, a timer comes up ticking those few seconds away. I don't know about you, but when I get into a work-out, often when I don't know how long it is going to last, and I get tired, I stop pushing myself. Knowing those are your last 30 seconds really helps you to HOLD ON and go to the end, maximizing what you can do.

For a fun addition, she also has facts scroll across the bottom of the screen. What that exercise does for your body, how many calories you burn, why it is good to work that muscle if you are doing a different exercise... she does a lot of things that are targeted towards runners- to strengthen legs and stance and make you healthier and more efficient.

You will want a step. Not for all of the exercises, but for a good portion you wont get the burn you want if you do not have one.

It does take a long time to do when you add in her really good warm-up and cool down. Those are so important to do! They really help to minimize the hurt the next day, while leaving you feeling like you have really worked yourself.

So over all- any one can do it, just don't be afraid to stay on low intensity until you work yourself up. It is an AWESOME pumping work-out, and fun. Jari is great. But, you really do have to have the time to do the whole thing, to really reap the benefits.

But I am recommending it :)

1 comment:

  1. Sarah-I love you! I am so excited to get back into the swing of things and back to working out! Keep doing your reviews! As soon as I get the clearance :) I will check them out!

    ReplyDelete