Thursday, November 12, 2009

The Physical

Heads up, this is Adam blogging. Mark it in your diaries, people, it doesn't happen often. Sarah and I were talking as we were falling asleep about medical stuff and she told me I should blog it.

I want the army to pay for medical school to relieve stress during medical school, right? Interestingly enough, it takes quite a bit of stress to get the military on board. My recruiter e-mailed me an application, and I figured I'd knock it out in an hour or two. It took a few weeks, including finding contact information of every landlord I've had, every employee I've had, and almost every friend I've had over the past 10 years. In fact, there were so many I stopped asking permission of people, so don't be surprised if Uncle Sam gives you diehard Moeck blog fans a call.
So I finally got scheduled for my physical today. I had to get to Salt Lake by 5:30 am. My recruiter calls me the night before, assuring me that he would call me at 5:00 to make sure I was up, and that he would meet me at the door at 5:30. In the back of my mind I thought, "Maybe I should give you the wakeup call..."
I wake up at 3:58 after rolling my Katamari off a cliff in a dream--a story for another blog--and hop out of bed before the alarm goes off and wakes up Sarah.
I'm almost to my exit at 5:20 when I get a groggy call from my recruiter...

The MEPS was a madhouse as 50 people try to get all their medical examinations done. They said a busy day for them is 25. So they're testing our vision, ears, and blood pressure, herding us from line to line, and I forgot why I thought this would be interesting enough to blog about. Like a thousand dreams I've written down of being Wolverine, the text just won't do it justice.

On an offtopic interesting note, I've started listening to talk radio. My music station of choice has a dead zone around BYU, and I'd rather drive in silence than have it cut out in the middle of Linkin Park or something. I felt proud of myself, as if I started reading the newspaper to become more informed. I told Daniel Clark about this new endeavor of mine, and he told me that I was now less informed. I keep Dan and Brett Ellingson around for their wit... and Miller for his sexual magnetism.
Wow, on that note, I'm heading to bed. Hope you all enjoyed. If you'd like to leave comments requesting that only Sarah blog from now on, I understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment