I am so excited for the end of this month. August has been a crazy month for us. Well... for Adam really. Have you ever noticed though that when your significant other is stressed and busy, that YOU feel stressed and busy even if you aren't? What we have been up to:
1. Sarah working 40 hours (same old, same old)
2. Adam doing CASA training.
3. Adam doing MCAT Study. (The MCAT is on the 25th... cross your fingers and say your prayers everyone)
4. Adam working 20-30 hours a week. (Same lab research)
5. Adam shadowing neuroscientist. (THAT, we are actually VERY excited about because he will get to see a piece of what he hopes will be his future life.)
We are hoping that some of these things start to slow down after the MCAT. (At least we are taking a two day break right afterwards.) Of course after the 25th...
1. Sarah will still be working 40 hours. Though Data Entry will be less busy, and off season is always more fun.
2. Adam will be a CASA member, participating instead of training.
3. MCAT is over, and we will begin filling out apps for med schools in Rochester NY, Denver CO, Johnson City TN, and Portland OR. (Though I am hoping I can be of some assisance there. Though Adam will right his own essays :)
4. Adam working 10 hours a week. His article on something smart... allelation of ketones... cancer research... chemistry.... has to be published. (Though we dont know when anymore...)
5. Adam's very last year of undergraduate work begins. (He will knock it out of the ball park... he always does.)
But you know what else happens after August? That makes everything above worth every moment?
Glorious mornings where you walk out to your car and everything around you makes a noise in the crisp crackly air. Gray mornings full of fog and mist and everything looks etheral- you can imagine in a fog. Darkening evenings where you can see your breath puff out in front of you as you walk inside.
Home is welcoming with its light, and its warmth. You cover your bed in layers of blankets, you want to cuddle on the couch with popcorn, or thick steamy soups and warm cups of coco and cider. Outside bright colors of leaves are celebrating being relinquished from the heat. You don sweat shirts, and jeans. Smart jackets and boots. Fun tights and scarves, and turtlenecks.
There are new school supplies- the smell of pencil shavings, a box of newly sharpened crayons. Notebooks with blank pages just WAITING to be covered with pen and pencil markings. I can't even walk down the back to school isles in the grocery store because I want to buy everything.
The feeling of the end of the year is the greatest. A new school semester makes your organized, motivated, scheduled. Its better than New Years for a resolution. There is my birthday, me and Adams anniversary, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas... there is more love, fun, good food, cute clothes, beautiful weather, and cheer packed into the last 4 months of the year, then there is combined throughout the other 8.
I am so very excited, for the end of August.