Saturday, July 25, 2009

True Love

I know that everyone likes to blog about how amazing their spouse is but my spouse really is the best. :) For me to prove it, you have to know two very interesting things about him.

1. Adam does not like books. He DOES like to read, but he abhors any type of paper trail. Of course, being married to me, and knowing I am an English major he has gotten used to adding an extra floor to ceiling book case a year :) But he avoids buying books when he can. Adam prefers MP3's and PDF's, but again, I can't carry a PDF in my purse, or take it into work.

2. Adam is very VERY thrifty. This is a great thing for me because, when I do not have extra money, I am a budgeting maniac. But when I have pocket money I think- Jeans and books please! And add some Cafe Rio on top. Adam prefers to get the non name brand of everything (except electronics) because it is so much cheaper.

Now, I have been re-reading all the Harry Potter books. We own the first three, and I was getting to the fourth and I told Adam that I HAD to own the book. He consented, and I went to the store to to buy the book. I found it, paperback of course, and go to the front to buy it only to realize after the lady had already rung it up, that I had left my wallet at home. (embarrassing.)

I was SO sad. Not only now was I a half hour early to work, but I had nothing to read WHILE at work, and I was driving without a license.

I come home from work at 9 that night, and when I walk in the door, low and behold I see on the coffee table under my wallet, a HARD COVER copy, of the fourth Harry Potter book.

Adam, while walking to a interview that afternoon, had seen a book store on the street had a sale. So he went inside and bought me my book, because he knew how much I wanted it, and he said that he didn't want me to be without when I came home.

If that is not true love, I have NO IDEA what is.

2 comments:

  1. what a sweetie! well played Adam, well played. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good move Adam. Husbands who pay attention are the best!

    ReplyDelete