Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Dedicated to Rick and Jan

I wanted to post about the Fourth today, but I couldn't wait to post about this instead :)

Sometimes, when I am bored, I find myself rambling off in my journal about random things. A while ago when I was re-reading my journals (yes I do that) and I found this rambling on love and thought- wow, that would make a great coffee table book.
So I decided to make one! There are a lot of websites out there that allow you to make books. I use Wal Mart because it is the cheapest. You just upload your pictures to their website in an album, and then choose to make a "photo album" or something such from those pictures. You can add words, backgrounds etc. And they have all different sizes.
Adam is a minimalist type of person so he doesn't like it when I just print out pictures for photo albums. But with the books, I get to use my talent as a writer, and I get to print out all my pictures :) I have made one for each year we have been married, detailing what we do each month, and then I have made a few little story books about our puppies for Adam. It is actually A LOT of fun.With this love rambling I wrote, I wanted to make a book out of it for my parents. Of course, I don't have any young pictures of them. So I made my sisters go through all of my mothers photo albums. When they came for EFY they brought me a whole stack of my parents engagement pictures and wedding pictures.The things is, my parents are SO DANG CUTE, I can't but help show them off. (Plus, I think it is funny to see which one of them people think I most look like alike.) In most of these pictures, my mom is a month shy of 20, which would mean my dad is a little shy of 22. (Yes, so I am older than the both of them at current.) So to Rick and Jan! Some of my favorite people in the whole world. (Plus, they look so dang happy....)

1 comment:

  1. oh my goodness!!! your dad looks so funny with his 'wanna be' fro and your mom is gorgeous. I love it!!!
    Did you really like my blocks? Would you think people would buy them?

    ReplyDelete