Friday, April 17, 2009

Bye, Bye, Heathcliff

Today was a happy day and a sad day all at once.

We have had a pretty hard living situation for the past few months. We finally got out of our current contract and found a new place to live, which we will be moving into at the end of the month. It is very nice, very big, and all done over with new cabinets and new carpet. The problem is, with all this brand new stuff, we could only keep one, very well behaved puppy and since we have yet to be able to get Heathcliff potty trained....

If I have learned anything as yet about marriage it is that in life there are some things that stress you out that you cant help. A leaky ceiling. A popped car tire. A lost job. Finals week :) Then there are things you could avoid. Why worry about cooking a nice dinner when your husband doesn't mind have Costco chicken nuggets for five days in a row anyways? If you can avoid the stress of having a puppy that poops on the floor, when you already have a perfect one, wouldn't you take care of it too?

So we called out Vet and found the best place they would suggest to take him, a shelter in Lindon, and Adam dropped him off while I sat in the car. We were both sad, both a little misty, and right as we are leaving, a car pulls up next to us, and two small boys with their parents and baby sister pop out of the car and run inside, excited about the puppy they were going to adopt.

Both Adam and I knew that they weren't necessarily going to adopt Heathcliff, but we both felt it was the Lord's way of telling us that Heathcliff, as super cute as he is, is going to be just fine, and very happy. And the rest of the day as we ran our errands and ate our lunch, we couldn't help feeling so good, knowing that this was the right thing to do for us, and for our new home.

Here are the last few pictures of our cute little boy, just as a way of saying good-bye to him.

3 comments:

  1. Awwww. You're a better woman than I! I'm glad there were overall good feelings about it though. We're getting a puppy after the summer and I don't even want to go to the shelter/pound to pick one out because I'll cry for all the rest of them that I CAN'T adopt! And then someday it has to die, and I'll be so sad. I know that is super-pessimistic but I watched Marley and Me and pretty much cried my eyes out even though I tried not to. Point of story: good job Sarah. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :( Sad!! Heathcliff is sure a cutie-but I am glad that there are nice families who would more than love to add some Heathcliff to their lives.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soooo sad sarahray. That is always sad leaving animals. I still miss my kitties. I love you sarah and good luck with your last finals. Muah!!!

    ReplyDelete